Hint: Banish all Mice
It was 10 o’clock p.m. on a Friday night.
The kids were actually asleep.
Theoretically, Henry and I could’ve been rocking the sheets.
Instead, I was in the outdoor office trolling through Facebook.
Clicking on links that led to videos.
- Which somehow led to Catherine Dukes-of-Hazard Bach’s website
- Which led me to her online store where I contemplated whether or not I should buy a pair of her Daisy Duke cut-off shorts
- Which led me to her bio, where I read that her husband committed suicide
- Which led me to TMZ to find out why, but no one really has an answer, so I decided to lighten my mood by seeing what Tom Wopat’s been up to since DOH
- Which made me realize that old bastard’s been working his ass off in Hollywood while a fuller-figured Catherine Bach’s been seemingly sent out to pasture
- Which led me to google, “Aging Women In Hollywood”
- Which led to a HuffPo article about women aging out of the business and then I clicked to …
Meanwhile, on the opposite side of the house, Henry sat channel-surfing the military channel by battles.
- The Battle of the Barbarossa
- Iwo Jima
- With an occasional sidetrack to The O Network, which instantly withers his testicles into tiny fragile little champagne grapes. (Deny it all you want, I know you watch Oprah’s Master Class, Henry. I know you do!!)
Does any of this sound familiar to you?
Now, with so many apparatuses out there to keep us continually distracted, there is a direct impact on our sex lives.
Since I began blogging I’ve found that I can work around the clock if I don’t set any parameters for myself, and I’m certain I haven’t been as attentive to my husband’s needs as I should be.
The fact is, it’s much easier to engage in online relationships, because they don’t require the full attention, focus and energy it takes to maintain an intimate relationship with a partner.
So, how to have good sex?
No internet use after 8 p.m. And no more than two hours weekend days.
I don’t want my life online to ever become more vital and interesting than my actual life.
I’d love to know how you manage your time online, and also how you keep your sex life vibrant? (Besides finding sexual partners on Craig’s List, you minxes).
If you enjoyed this article you’re going to love Shannon’s book, “Married Sex: Fact & Fiction.” You can grab it right HERE!
Be sure to Opt-In to Shannon’s occasional newsletter HERE.