Download Shannon's story, "Beautiful Boy, Brandon Lee," in its full length, excerpted from her book, Smash, Crash & Burn.

Au Revoir Paris, Time to Get Organized for 2014. I Could Use Some Help!

This is the last in my Traveling With Kids In Paris project:

I’m starting my new year on Monday the 13th when we get home from Paris. These are the exciting things awaiting me:

1. Set up mammogram. 2. Set up doctor appointment to remove child’s warts. 3. Figure out Obama Care to see if we can get some savings. 4. Pay my husband’s health insurance. 5. Pick up cats from kennel 6. groceries, cars, home etc.

To long terms goals: 1. Get a day job. 2. Build blog. 3. Sell TV script. 4. Get book published. Universe? Are you listening? I could use a little luck to go with my effort.

How do you balance your day-to-day tasks with your long-term goals?

Do you use some kind of calendar? Do you have an app that helps? All advice is welcome, because I need to get organized for 2014.

In the meantime here are a few of my last snaps of our time in Paris:

Shannon Bradley Colleary, traveling with kids in Paris

Henry and I in the Musée d’Orsay’s Belle Epoque restaurant no doubt eating our 20th kilo of bread.

Shannon Bradley Colleary, traveling with kids in Paris

The gorgeous ceiling at the Belle Epoque restaurant.

Shannon Bradley Colleary, traveling with kids in Paris

Gustave Caibellote’s Les Raboteurs de Parquet at the Musée d’Orsay.

Shannon Bradley Colleary, traveling with kids in Paris

Edoard Manet’s Woman With Fans. at the Musée d’Orsay.

Shannon Bradley Colleary, traveling with kids in Paris

Van Gogh Self Portrait at the Musée d’Orsay.

Shannon Bradley Colleary, traveling in Paris with kids

Van Gogh Starry Night Over The Rhone at The Musee d’Osay.

Shannon Bradley Colleary, Eiffel Tower, traveling with kids in Paris

The Eiffel Tower from the Seine.

If you like what you read join our mailing list HERE so you won’t miss a thing! If you want to start at the beginning of our trip to Paris click Here!

1. Jen Wenner
    Jen Wenner 11 January, 2014, 09:17

Beautiful pictures Shannon! Paris is on the bucket list for sure!

Shannon Author 11 January, 2014, 18:09

I’d been aching to get back for the last 20 years! It was everything I’d hope it would be and more.

2. Donna Hanton
    Donna Hanton 11 January, 2014, 11:21

Loved the Musee d’Orsay when I was in Paris, probably my favourite gallery. As for balancing the day-to-day with the long term goals, I’m not the person to ask. It’s only Jan 11th and I’m already at meltdown!! Sorry! But I wish you all the best as we share many of the same tasks and goals. And if you find a solution, please share! Thanks!

3. Sharona Zee
    Sharona Zee 11 January, 2014, 18:24

J’aime Les Raboteurs
    (even one raboteur would be awesome, if you could manage it)!

Duct tape for warts, I kid you not 🙂
    Happy New Year!

Shannon Author 12 January, 2014, 13:18

Duct tape?? I have to look into this. Is it painful? What do you do?

• Sharona Zee
        Sharona Zee 14 January, 2014, 15:34

you just cover each wart with a tiny piece, change it out weekly
        (or when it gets grubby). It doesn’t hurt at all, and works like magic. (we had tried everything, including very painful freezing, and they always came back before).

good luck!

4. Debby
    Debby 11 January, 2014, 20:35

We’re going in May, thanks to frequent flier miles! Love your pictures and ideas for the trip. If you don’t mind, where did you stay?

Shannon Author 12 January, 2014, 13:18

Yes, we rented a wonderful apartment on in the Latin Quarter on the Left Bank right near Rue Moufftard. It was such a fantastic location.LMK if you want the contact info of the owner.

5. Mabel MacGillycuddy
    Mabel MacGillycuddy 12 January, 2014, 23:58

Wonderful pictures! You might want to check out Simpleology. It sounds weird but is a free online productivity program about making to progress to goals simple.

6. Serena Belva
    Serena Belva 13 January, 2014, 07:31

What kind of day job? Have you looked into teaching online classes since you have a Master’s degree? I’d say there are plenty of colleges/universities that would snap you up. Plus, you can work from anywhere with Internet access.

Shannon Author 13 January, 2014, 10:19

Thanks for the input Serena. I kind of hope I get to go somewhere there are people. Otherwise it’s too easy to spend my days in my pajamas.