It’s been a long journey from script to screen for To The Stars.
I wrote it when I was at UCLA in 2000 and it started principal photography in March of 2018, went to Sundance in 2019 and is being released by Samuel Goldwyn Films today, April 24th 2020.
In between that beginning and ending I had lots of bad dates, helpful for future writing content, married a sweetheart, had two kids who keep me on my toes, started this blog, gained fifteen pounds (sigh) and wrote and wrote and wrote (in my pajamas, with chocolate and vodka nearby.)
So seeing all that hard work make it to the screen is beyond what I ever hoped for. A little more info.
To The Stars Has Sparkling Up-and-Coming Talent & Formidable Veterans
- The inimitable Kara Hayward (Moonrise Kingdom, we love Suzy Bishop and your indelible Iris.)
- Liana Liberato (If I Stay, everyone says my daughter Willa looks like her. And her performance is a wonder.)
- Lucas Jade Zumann (Anne with an E, according to my daughters, he’s a heartthrob. I DON’T THINK OF HIM THAT WAY!)
- Madisen Beatty (Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, lucky enough to tangle with Brad Pitt.)
- Tony Hale (VEEP, so handsome with a beard.)
- Malin Akerman (Billions, Goddess you don’t want to stand next to in the cast and crew photo.)
- Jordana Spiro (Ozark, our favorite TV show.)
- Shea Whigham (Boardwalk Empire, a latter day Brando.)
- Adelaide Clemens (Rectify, a gorgeous performance in a pivotal role.)
A Promo of To The Stars That I Love:
You can watch the movie with your family tonight on Amazon Prime, Vudu, Google Play, FandangoNow & ITunes. Let me know what you think. xx S
For a taste of Shannon’s Hollywood D-List mishaps, her book is here:
Smash, Crash & Burn: Tales From the Edge of Celebrity. As of 2021 there are new PHOTOS inside the ebook and a Paperback version is coming this summer.
To receive Bradley-Colleary’s free updates opt-in HERE.