• Help Me Pick A Spiegel Dress For My 30th High School Reunion

• Facebook
    • Twitter
    • LinkedIn
    • StumbleUpon
    • Google Plus
    • Pinterest

As most of you know I engaged in the Herculean task of wearing 71 Dresses in 71 Days and during that time didn’t allow myself to buy even ONE item of clothing.  (I did slip once when I received a 50$ gift card to Anthropologie, which is like giving an alcoholic an empty wine bottle, he’s just going to HAVE to fill it up).

Since the end of that experiment I’ve taken to wearing dresses most days, which I love.  There’s no pinch at the waist should I overindulge and they make me feel happy and pretty.

With our dear friends The Richards.  Why is everyone so tall?

With our dear friends The Richards. Why is everyone so tall?

But now the time has come to buy a new dress.  And I have the perfect excuse.  On October 19th I am going to my 30th high school reunion.  Yes, I know I look like it can only be my 5th high school reunion, but I drink the blood of virgin Alsatian choirboys.

First I trolled the department stores and found myself liking dresses in the 200-400$ range.  This simply is not going to happen.  So I trolled about online and I think I’ve found the perfect site for getting the perfect dress … drumroll please … Ultimate Outlet.

These are my choices.  You pick:

The Spiegel Solid Jersey Know Waist Dress for ... you might need to sit down ... $24.00  crazy right?

The Spiegel Solid Jersey Know Waist Dress for … you might need to sit down … $24.00.  Crazy right?

The Cowl Neck Dress by Shape FX for $49.  I love the bright blue to match Henry's eyes.  Yes, Henry, you are going to my reunion.

The Cowl Neck Dress by Shape FX for $49. I love the bright blue to match Henry’s eyes. Yes, Henry, you are going to my reunion.

The Floral Jacquard Bow Dress for ... I am not kidding you ... $13.

The Floral Jacquard Bow Dress for … I am not kidding you … $13.

You pick.  All of these come in my size 0 … ok 2 … fine 8, man cut a lady some slack.

This post was brought to you by Ultimate Outlet for Spiegel.  Pop over and tell them I sent you.  Best, S

Receive Tips & Tales on Beauty, Body, Babies and Bodacious Sex!

NO SPAM, else I'll be forced to watch re-runs of Jersey Shore as punishment.

25 comments > Write one

1. Angie says:

Curse you! Another awesome shopping site! I will never accomplish another useful thing in my life.

2. The blue one. It will look great on you and make your eyes look beautiful!

3. I’m with Sharon. The blue one will show off your figure.

4. joanne says:

Shanon, Do not drink red wine if you have invested in a fabulous black and white dress that you thought was going to make you look wonderful. The stain never will come out. And, those ‘hot’ guys are married to women who did not age well.
      Wear the black, and you’ll be the hottest lady around. Be your fabulous self!
      Joanne

5. Truthiness abounds as I say verily that all three will look stunning on you. The cut of the black dress seems most “you” but then what do I know about you? The purple and blue would be great colors on you however. Or you could go in a lacy bra and panties and really take over the reunion. But that might take a few more Alsatians.

6. KTP says:

I like the black one for this occasion. But Shannon, isn’t this also not-exactly-buying a new dress if it’s sponsored? This is a fantastic way to lengthen your no-buying streak!

7. Yvette says:

Just buy all 3, it would still be less then the price of your usual dress. They would all look fabulous on you. 6

8. I also think you should get all three. I mean the deals are so good it is like you only bought one! Also now I may be buying some dresses to…ack!

9. Bonnie says:

Those prices are amazing. I’m heading over right now to see what I can snag.
      PS: The blue would look fab on you – but the bow dress is to die for!

10. Dina says:

I love the shape of and the jaquard on the black dress… but not loving the bow. Guess I would go for the blue one next.

11. Jenn says:

My first thought was purple. But then I saw the blue. Don’t buy the black one. The bow in front is too big. The blue will be lovely on you!

12. Mary says:

Definitely the black, but only if you or a seamstress can alter/remove that bow.

13. […] Help Me Pick A Spiegel Dress For My 30th High School Reunion […]

14. Cortez says:

Thiis is a topic that’s near to my heart…
      Cheers! Exactly where are your contact details though?

Your email address will not be published. Name and Email are Required.

Current day month ye@r *