Help Me Pick A Spiegel Dress For My 30th High School Reunion

Share the love:
Buffer this pageEmail this to someoneShare on Facebook0Share on LinkedIn0Pin on Pinterest0Share on Google+0Tweet about this on Twitter2Share on StumbleUpon1

As most of you know I engaged in the Herculean task of wearing 71 Dresses in 71 Days and during that time didn’t allow myself to buy even ONE item of clothing.  (I did slip once when I received a 50$ gift card to Anthropologie, which is like giving an alcoholic an empty wine bottle, he’s just going to HAVE to fill it up).

Since the end of that experiment I’ve taken to wearing dresses most days, which I love.  There’s no pinch at the waist should I overindulge and they make me feel happy and pretty.

With our dear friends The Richards.  Why is everyone so tall?

With our dear friends The Richards. Why is everyone so tall?

But now the time has come to buy a new dress.  And I have the perfect excuse.  On October 19th I am going to my 30th high school reunion.  Yes, I know I look like it can only be my 5th high school reunion, but I drink the blood of virgin Alsatian choirboys.

First I trolled the department stores and found myself liking dresses in the 200-400$ range.  This simply is not going to happen.  So I trolled about online and I think I’ve found the perfect site for getting the perfect dress … drumroll please … Ultimate Outlet.

These are my choices.  You pick:

The Spiegel Solid Jersey Know Waist Dress for ... you might need to sit down ... $24.00  crazy right?

The Spiegel Solid Jersey Know Waist Dress for … you might need to sit down … $24.00.  Crazy right?

The Cowl Neck Dress by Shape FX for $49.  I love the bright blue to match Henry's eyes.  Yes, Henry, you are going to my reunion.

The Cowl Neck Dress by Shape FX for $49. I love the bright blue to match Henry’s eyes. Yes, Henry, you are going to my reunion.

The Floral Jacquard Bow Dress for ... I am not kidding you ... $13.

The Floral Jacquard Bow Dress for … I am not kidding you … $13.

You pick.  All of these come in my size 0 … ok 2 … fine 8, man cut a lady some slack.

This post was brought to you by Ultimate Outlet for Spiegel.  Pop over and tell them I sent you.  Best, S

Share the love:
Sign-Up for Monthly Tips & Tales on Beauty, Body, Babies, Bye Asshats & Bodacious Sex from TWFKAB:

I promise NO SPAM or I'll eat my own weight in Malomars.

high school reunionSpiegelUltimate Outlet

1. Angie
    Angie 29 August, 2013, 13:42

Curse you! Another awesome shopping site! I will never accomplish another useful thing in my life.

2. Claudia Krusch
    Claudia Krusch 29 August, 2013, 14:40

Love the black one!

3. Sharon Greenthal
    Sharon Greenthal 29 August, 2013, 14:54

The blue one. It will look great on you and make your eyes look beautiful!

4. Barbara Feldman
    Barbara Feldman 29 August, 2013, 15:24

I’m with Sharon. The blue one will show off your figure.

5. Ellen Dolgen
    Ellen Dolgen 29 August, 2013, 16:02

The blue one!!

6. joanne
    joanne 29 August, 2013, 16:44

Shanon, Do not drink red wine if you have invested in a fabulous black and white dress that you thought was going to make you look wonderful. The stain never will come out. And, those ‘hot’ guys are married to women who did not age well.
    Wear the black, and you’ll be the hottest lady around. Be your fabulous self!
    Joanne

7. KymberlyFunFit
    KymberlyFunFit 29 August, 2013, 17:45

Truthiness abounds as I say verily that all three will look stunning on you. The cut of the black dress seems most “you” but then what do I know about you? The purple and blue would be great colors on you however. Or you could go in a lacy bra and panties and really take over the reunion. But that might take a few more Alsatians.

Shannon Author 29 August, 2013, 21:39

Did I misspell Alsatians? I need to google that. Loving the black dress. Bra and panties may frighten if I bend over.

8. KTP
    KTP 29 August, 2013, 18:05

I like the black one for this occasion. But Shannon, isn’t this also not-exactly-buying a new dress if it’s sponsored? This is a fantastic way to lengthen your no-buying streak!

9. Yvette
    Yvette 29 August, 2013, 23:46

Just buy all 3, it would still be less then the price of your usual dress. They would all look fabulous on you. 6

10. Jocelyn Foster
    Jocelyn Foster 30 August, 2013, 09:25

I also think you should get all three. I mean the deals are so good it is like you only bought one! Also now I may be buying some dresses to…ack!

11. Bonnie
    Bonnie 1 September, 2013, 08:23

Those prices are amazing. I’m heading over right now to see what I can snag.
    PS: The blue would look fab on you – but the bow dress is to die for!

12. Dina
    Dina 3 September, 2013, 06:16

I love the shape of and the jaquard on the black dress… but not loving the bow. Guess I would go for the blue one next.

13. Jenn
    Jenn 3 September, 2013, 09:10

My first thought was purple. But then I saw the blue. Don’t buy the black one. The bow in front is too big. The blue will be lovely on you!

14. Mary
    Mary 5 September, 2013, 12:05

Definitely the black, but only if you or a seamstress can alter/remove that bow.

15. Cortez
    Cortez 24 September, 2013, 07:16

Thiis is a topic that’s near to my heart…
    Cheers! Exactly where are your contact details though?