71 Dresses in 71 Days: Week 8!

Hello All — I’ve been MIA in the blogging world. I’ve been writing screenplays, query letters for my book and a piece to perform at the Expressing Motherhood show at the Lillian Theater in Hollywood this Fri-Sun and next Fri-Sun THAT YOU SHOULD COME TO! Tickets and times are HERE.

I am blown away by the depth of talent in this show. There’s Elizabeth Jayne Liu of Flourish In Progress, irreverent actress Beth Littlefield, Shannon Noel Webb of Lullabies for Mommy and a bevy of other hilarious, heartbreaking, magnificent talent.

Despite all the extra-curricular writing I’ve been up to I couldn’t miss a week of my 71 dresses in 71 days which began HERE.

I still haven’t purchased one item for myself – especially no dresses – now on my 56th day. Sad, but I’m fairly certain that’s a record since I was 12 and didn’t have any money.

So here are week 8’s next seven dresses. Please help me select the one I should donate to Out Of The Closet which helps fund AIDS research:

Dress #50. I wore this one out with my Pussy Posse at Mom 2.0 conference in Laguna Niguel. I think we all know by now that women dress for women. (This one I got whilst in Africa).  Is it just me or do I look like I'm on Roofies in the picture?

Dress #50. I wore this one out with my Pussy Posse at Mom 2.0 conference in Laguna Niguel. I think we all know by now that women dress for women. (This one I purchased whilst in Africa). Is it just me or do I look like I’m on Roofies in the picture?

I love this one.  Just outside the Ritz Carlton mid-conference in Laguna Niguel.

Dress #51.  I love this one. Just outside the Ritz Carlton mid-conference in Laguna Niguel.

This is a staple from the now-defunct Forthe&Town.  They had the best lighting in their dressing rooms.  Oh, how I miss them

Dress #52.  This is a staple from the now-defunct Forthe & Town. They had the best lighting in their dressing rooms, camouflaging all dimples and divots. Oh, how I miss them

Dress #53.  This is a long-ago Banana Republic purchase.  Not that in love with it anymore.

Dress #53. This is a long-ago Banana Republic purchase. Not that in love with it anymore.  It doesn’t hide my carb orgies as well as I’d like.

Dress #54.  This was purchased somewhat impulsively and furtively in a little shop in Johannesburg when I had only one hour to myself.  Still, it holds a sweet memory of an amazing trip.

Dress #54. This was purchased somewhat impulsively and furtively in a little shop in Johannesburg when I had only one hour to myself. Still, it holds a sweet memory of an amazing trip.

Dress #55.  Another lovely Boden.  I will absolutely never have to buy another dress to wear at a wedding.

Dress #55. Another lovely Boden. I will absolutely never have to buy another dress to wear to a wedding.

Dress #56.  In fact, someone needs to get married so I can come to your wedding in this Boden.  Pull the trigger, people!

Dress #56. In fact, someone needs to get married so I can come to your wedding in this Boden. Pull the trigger, people!

Tell me which one gets the boot.  xoxo S

1. Cathy
    Cathy 10 May, 2013, 10:40

You look beautiful in ALL of them! I love the 2nd one for me, so I’d love to borrow it. Where did you get it? (Ha!)

Lovely post and wonderful dresses. Sorry I can’t say which one to donate. Eeny Meeny Minie Mo..(however you spell it)

Shannon Author 10 May, 2013, 15:12

Hi Cathy — I was in such a state of shopping intoxication that I don’t actually know the name of the store I bought the second one in. But I do love it!

2. Sharon Greenthal
    Sharon Greenthal 10 May, 2013, 11:05

#53 needs to go. You’re way cooler than that dress.

Shannon Author 10 May, 2013, 15:13

Oh Sharon I am so profoundly uncool, but I appreciate you thinking I am. It must be the ecstasy I put in your Mom 2.0 swag bag1

3. Chloe Jeffreys
    Chloe Jeffreys 10 May, 2013, 11:35

I took the picture of Shannon in #53. She can’t get rid of that dress since it holds such dear memories for the both of us.

4. Jane Gassner (@MidLifeBloggers)
    Jane Gassner (@MidLifeBloggers) 10 May, 2013, 13:01

I vote for #51…and that jazzy little bag that went with it.

Shannon Author 10 May, 2013, 15:14

I love that bag. My friend Glenna got it for me on my birthday so it holds a special place in my heart!

5. Elizabeth Lee
    Elizabeth Lee 10 May, 2013, 14:16

This week is hard because you look seriously cute in all of them. I’d say dump #53. You’re not feeling the love any more. Even though the style is very good for you, the color/pattern don’t work all that well.

6. Bonnie
    Bonnie 10 May, 2013, 14:17

Love #56~ and I have to check out this Boden store! Your dresses are all gorgeous and I keep seeing the Boden name!

7. Linda Chase
    Linda Chase 10 May, 2013, 18:00

#51 needs to go this week. The others are all winners. You are right, you are wedding prepared! Forever possibly.

8. Sharona Zee
    Sharona Zee 11 May, 2013, 04:49

It isn’t easy, but I’m voting #53 off of the island. The others have more “story” attached it seems to me

Shannon Author 11 May, 2013, 14:55

Hi Sharona – love that comment re: “story” attached. I love the things that remind me of a special memory.

9. Jane
    Jane 12 May, 2013, 21:58

#51. Nice dress, but not as awesome as the rest, IMO. Most likely to be remembered as “she’s worn that before, I remember because I can’t decide if I like the print.”

p.s. Only my 2nd visit to your blog, it is very entertaining – I’ll be back.

10. Donna
    Donna 14 May, 2013, 22:56

I vote #53, because you have to feel the love! Great group of dresses this week.