The 2nd Talk Poise Giveaway, $100 VISA Gift Card
There I was, minding my own business, cooking pepperoni pasta for nineteen people on New Year’s Day, when I suddenly morphed into Albert Brooks trying to anchor the weekend news in Broadcast News. I was suddenly drenched with flop sweat and wished I were on a TV set where my minions could powder my face and blow dry my armpits. It was hot flash central. Oh, thank you, perimenopause, you cruel mistress. By the time I served dinner I was wearing nothing but my underwear and a limp smile.
Like a person who carries an EPI pen because she’s deathly allergic to bees, I now carry Poise Roll-On Cooling Gel because I’m deathly allergic to public humiliation and a wet bra. I became familiar with the product the first time Poise asked me to run a giveaway on my site. I don’t do very many giveaways, but I loved Poise brand’s take on The 2nd Talk. We’re all familiar with the 1st Talk, which happens when girls hit puberty, but I loved the idea that The 2nd Talk should happen when we hit menopause.
Since getting the Roll-On Cooling Gel, I’ve only had to use it twice, once inexplicably while watching Daniel Craig in Skyfall (well, perhaps that was explicable) and a second time while cleaning the kitty litter box (which I later explained to my husband is the reason he should be solely responsible for that job). I did as instructed, squeezing the tube as I rolled the gel on my neck and chest. (The roller is cool metal.) Texture’s an issue for me, so I was happy the gel wasn’t sticky. Applying it to my body made me feel the way I feel when I pop a mint in my mouth: instantly fresh.
So far I’ve only had to contend with hot flashes. But here’s a smorgasbord of other menopausal symptoms to freak you out:
While Poise won’t address some of these changes… (wait, which changes are those? I can’t seem to remember…oh yes, short-term memory loss!), it does have products for several of them: Body Cooling Towelettes that offer instant cooling and refreshment. Personal Lubricant designed to enhance your intimate experience (which is code for SEX). Panty Fresheners that have a fresh and clean scent that lasts up to four hours (I’m certain I’ll never need that), and Feminine Wash to provide daily freshness with a unique formulation that is PH balanced for your intimate area (aka your lady garden).
To enter the sweepstakes for a $100 Visa gift card, please leave a comment answering this question (insert Alex Trebek voice): “How are you approaching life’s changes confidently?”
No duplicate comments. You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion–including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”–and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. You have 120 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected. The Official Rules are available here. This sweepstakes runs from 1/22/13 to 2/19/13. Be sure to visit the Poise brand page on BlogHer.com, where you can read other bloggers’ reviews and find more chances to win!
- Vanity Fair Women Who Do $100 Giveaway!
- The Mary Kay Is My Godmother Giveaway – Before & After Photos!
- Keep It Fresh, Ladies! Summer’s Eve Giveaway
- Video One: The Asshat Recovery Program
- Gurl, you must be a traffic ticket cuz you got fine written all over you!
- Does Good Hair Equal Better Sex?
- Why It’s Great to be 48!
I promise NO SPAM or I'll eat my own weight in Malomars.