Download Shannon's story, "Beautiful Boy, Brandon Lee," in its full length, excerpted from her book, Smash, Crash & Burn.

I’m Back Online Naked Again! Run For Your Life!

My site was down for three days. The earth stopped rotating. Romney and Obama quit campaigning. Even the tabloids ceased stalking Kristen Stewart. After grappling with Ted, Dan, Mike, John, Terry, Garrett and Ted at GoDaddy, sometimes weeping, sometimes badgering, sometimes offering sexual favors, everything is fixed and better than before. Acronyms like SSH, FTP, IPv4, HTML still drive me fucking bonkers, but I kind of know what they are.

In honor of my return I am reposting my most popular post, to read click the following: “Am I Really Fat? (the nude photos)” aka The Naked Lady.

Hey 26! I love you, but wouldn’t want to be you again xo

I’m also in the Huffington Post today with “A Cheating Six-Pack Drove Me To God!” Forget about reading the post, it’s the comments you’ll want to read. There are some crazy loco frijoles out there …

I can’t help myself, here are a few of the comments:

bdoug25000
Good Grief! Go from a flighty airhead to an imaginary friend!? Howabout just growing up instead?

Shannon Bradley-Colleary
How is this comment helpful?

bdoug25000
Like this: Love yourself first. Don’t be impulsive. Lose expectations and be grateful for the moment instead of seaking the next thrill. In other words: Grow up!

Shannon Bradley-Colleary
bdoug I am six-foot four.  I am the tallest woman west of the Adirondacks. If I grow up any more I will have altitude sickness.

or this one:

Bad decisions about men can’t be corrected by bad decisions about “faith”. I suggest the writer look for more reasonable ways to improve her life…..
photoHUFFPOST BLOGGER

Shannon Bradley-Colleary

Well I also practice Surma Stickfighting. Soothes the outrage.
Touché!
Here is the man who loathes me most on HuffPo. He scathingly quotes me first:
” ‘But in my own dating evolution I realized I was dating emotionally unavailable, unfaithful guys because that was the role model I was raised with (my mother’s second husband).’
 It’s always someone else fault. Why can’t women just own up and just say they like dating the bad boys because it was fun to them? Did not you learn anything from AA? You must admit the truth before you move forward.

I guess it took you 35 yrs to change your behavior. But, I still think you, like so many women, always have that passion and desire for the bad boys.

So, I understand Mr. Anonymous. As a man I too have asked myself, ‘why even bother?’ Hence, I prefer FWBs. That way I avoid all the grief and agony.”

And the one comment I loved:

Rues wrote:

“Sometimes it all seems so confusing. Childhood was time with my Grandmother on the reservation. There is no word for religion in her language.She talked about all life having spirit.all spirit having life. It was all so simple and beautiful.Then there was the priest.Different rules, “pagen, sinful.So, I grew up walking many paths. Yet, the sky, the mountains, the forest, the sea. I am overwhelmed. I get a “Rocky Mountain High”. “it is all a gift from the Creator” says Gam. A rose by any other name? How do we name something that is so much more than we? What is that power or sense of something so remarkably beyond our imagination. The ancient Greeks searched for god and found music. Dr. Michio Kaku (sp) has a piece on youtube about searching space for god and what they found, like the Greeks was a vibration that was like strings of one might say music. I am a sage burner, candle lighter, praying out into the Universe to empower me to make right decisions, good decisions, to say thank you for every day and I pray. I guess it comes down to faith. I feel something exists that is greater than me, greater than all of us.Can I name it? No,but there is a sense of everything that is good about me that gives me a sense of gratitude to the ‘powers that be’.. But, it is just my personal opinion and feelings..peace.”

Thank you, Rues.

Also guys, comments are really needed on my site so that Google will give me a higher ranking.  Any comments here will be read, appreciated and responded to. Even if they’re mean. But I know you’d never be mean to me xo

body dysmorphic disorderbody imageTrolls

1. Devon
    Devon 3 September, 2012, 14:19

My epiphany came when I was recently seriously I’ll and managed to lose 20 lbs within 60 days. I was the same weight I was before being pregnant 16 years ago. 5ft 9in. Now 125lbs. And you know what? All my bony body parts were surrounding my belly. A pooch. My face was gaunt. My wrists resembled kindling. But the baby belly was still there. So now, a little healthier, I’m going to appreciate the QUALITY if food, go for a walk, and forget the belly that could really just be seen as a trophy after giving birth twice with no medication.

Now, where are those brownies?

2. dave wright
    dave wright 3 September, 2012, 14:24

lol,facebook and/or yahoo isn’t letting me open any of your posts,go figure

3. Delfin Joaquin Paris III
    Delfin Joaquin Paris III 3 September, 2012, 18:17

I was going to write, “You can never be too thin or too rich,” but I assumed that would not be well-received.

Truth is – the only predictable way I know to get to your ideal body weight is to figure out how to love yourself at whatever weight you’re at. Then, let you body take over and it will find its level. Works every time.

4. Chloe Jeffreys
    Chloe Jeffreys 3 September, 2012, 20:26

I feel like I know you. Like you and I were living these parallel lives until the day we would meet. It’s bizarre.

5. Megan
    Megan 4 September, 2012, 08:55

Growing up I was a 5’9″ tall and 120lbs. I hated myself. I once rode my bike to the bank, walked in and passed out, was rushed in an ambulance to the ER…why? they said dehydration…but I knew its because I hadn’t eaten in 3 days trying to lose my “belly fat”. Now I’m 31 years old an 180lbs. I like the person I am WAY better now. Do I wish I could be 120lbs again? sure, but I’m ok with not being there. I have a son who has medical complications, which means big medical bills…his diet comes 1st in our household grocery budget…yes he is Dr. ordered to eat fatty foods, have ice cream every day, and gets extra food in school. It makes it REALLY hard to avoid that little ice cream before bedtime…..but I love myself at this weight after 2 kids than I ever did as a teen/early 20’s. However its hard to do that when you know everyone doesn’t like you simply because you’re not 120lbs and skinny. Do I really have a point in this story…not really except I’ve been there and you’re awesome.

6. Anne (@notasupermom)
    Anne (@notasupermom) 4 September, 2012, 09:10

Even your stalkers are funny!

7. Kate Wilkinson
    Kate Wilkinson 4 September, 2012, 17:54

Haha! Man you have some fun readers. I don’t think you should grow up any more. You are too fun the way u are. 😉

8. Christine
    Christine 7 September, 2012, 07:10

Hi Shannon, I stumbled upon your blog from The Huffington post, and I cant get enough of it! I think its a great blog, and you are hysterical! Ill continue to read! Keep up the good work 🙂

9. Chris
    Chris 7 September, 2012, 19:53

I’d say that your pictures are solid proof that pretty women remain pretty women no matter what.

10. Chris
    Chris 7 September, 2012, 19:53

(and FWIW, the ‘no matter what’ in this case is the raging skinniness of your 20s.)

11. Michael
    Michael 22 October, 2012, 03:22

Your photos are breathtaking and I wish we could see more. After recently discovering you on the Huffington Post and beginning to read your past columns, I came upon “the photos”. I wait hungrily for more.

If perfection were indeed attainable, oh how boring it would be. And all the photoshopped ads of carefully made-up and calorically=restricted models prove it.

Brava to you on the photos and kudos to you on your columns.

Shannon Author 22 October, 2012, 09:50

Why Michael thank you so much. I’m sorry to say there may be no more nudes for another twenty years.