Demi Moore Encounter

It’s official. Demi Moore drinks the blood of virgin Alsace choir boys. I was waiting for a meeting in premiere Hollywood agency CAA for unknown and mysterious reasons which I will only report should something meaningful happen.

As I checked in to the front desk I was struck by the site of perfectly lotioned, caramel-colored, well-hewn calves in white stilettos. As my eyes travelled north I was bedazzled by a white column dress encasing a perfectly toned body. Then there was the hair. A cascade of straight, black silk stretching to a whippet-waist. Then those eyes turned upon me. Sea green and fringed by thick lashes. Was it my imagination, or did the sight of me cause the woman alarm? Who was this buxom, corn-fed, patently cerebral blonde admiring her? (It was me, of course.)

The goddess was Demi Moore, looking no older than 12. She’s made a pact with Satan. She drinks Tibetan yak semen (a stolen line).

I think she fell slightly in love with me. I’ve always wondered about her college years and that one wild weekend with Jennifer Jason Leigh in Oaxaca. I looked quickly away. I didn’t want to be another source of pain for Demi (after the Ashton debacle) as I am happily married and only moderately bisexual.

She did try to BUMP my iphone with hers in order to purloin my information, but I was able to duck behind a planted midget palm and escape to the ladies room.

I want to hear all about your celebrity sightings and the ensuing drama. A few more of mine are HERE (galling Gwyneth) and HERE (Katie ‘Scientology defector’ Holmes)

shh. demi. you can reach me at 424-621-333……

celebrity encounterDemi Moore

1. Carol D
    Carol D 21 September, 2012, 12:09

I went to the Pebble Beach celebrity golf tournament a few years ago and was able to meet my absolute favorite actor, Kevin Costner. I was so nervous I thought I would literally start crying. He was really, really, nice and that made it really worth while. Also, at the same tournament, George Lopez winked at me. Pissed off the husband. Made me laugh though. I think it is so cool to see celebrities. They seem so far removed from normal crap. Sort of like an awesome unicorn or something.

2. tania luviano
    tania luviano 21 September, 2012, 12:12

I think Demy is so pretty, glad to hear is true! About celebrity sightings, last year I met Ana de la Reguera, so pretty! with a tiny waist that after I huged her I didn’t eat anything the rest of the night because I felt fat!

3. ciaran
    ciaran 21 September, 2012, 12:39

My dh used to work with her first husband. The “Moore” she got Moore from. Reliable sources tell me she’s a decent person. Never met her myself. I’m not so dazzled by celebs. Writers are another story!

4. Yvonne Condes
    Yvonne Condes 21 September, 2012, 16:49

I used to run into Harrison Ford everywhere I went. One time I was at A16 and I saw him out of the corner of my eye and then I tripped and shoved son into the door in front of the cash register. Harrison Ford yelled, “Oh my god. Is he okay.” I think what he meant was “Don’t go. I still have the letter you wrote me in 1982.”

Shannon Author 21 September, 2012, 17:42

I’m sure that was it Yvonne. How wonderful you could listen between the lines!

5. Delfin Joaquin Paris III
    Delfin Joaquin Paris III 21 September, 2012, 18:07

The famous bush photo from the naked shoot she did in the 80s may change your feelings about her.

6. Boston Karen
    Boston Karen 22 September, 2012, 05:37

*sight

7. Anne Louise Bannon
    Anne Louise Bannon 22 September, 2012, 15:20

The last time I had a celebrity sighting (as opposed to an official meet-up with a potential interviewee) I ran into Alfre Woodard and told her how much she looked like Alfre Woodard. Sigh.

8. Zoe
    Zoe 22 September, 2012, 22:18

Here in Baltimore we don’t get many big-time celebrity sightings. (When I lived in Washington, DC it was a different story). That said, my latest encounter was a few months ago I was in our local Whole Foods rummaging around a bin of tomatoes when I looked up and saw Julia Louis-Dreyfus. She was in black yoga clothes, no make up, hair pulled up. (Still cute, though.)

I knew it was her, but the other part of my brain was saying, “Why in the world would JLD be in Baltimore on a Wednesday night walking around the produce section in yoga pants?” Still, I knew it was her — I’m super good with faces.

Anyway, she was with another woman and they were thoroughly baffled about some melons, so I piped in to help them out — being quite knowledgable about all things fruit and vegetable — and all I could think was, “Hmmm, I somehow expected her to be funnier or livelier or something…”

Since I’m not much impressed by celebrities, I moved on without looking back, still partially doubting my eyes. Got home, googled her name, and discovered she *was* in Baltimore filming her new show, VEEP.

Shannon Author 23 September, 2012, 12:43

I keep running into Diane Lane. First at a grocery store in Toronto, Canada, then at a car wash a block from my house in L.A. Another shockingly beautiful woman in person.

9. Rita
    Rita 28 September, 2012, 13:20

I saw Lee Majors buck(aka butt)naked and actually spoke to him whilst he was! LOL! Can’t give you any more details than that in the comments section except to add that it was over 25 years ago and I innocently walked into the “situation”. It was pretty funny!