What I Wish I’d Known Before My Wedding! (Photos)

Share the love:
Buffer this pageEmail this to someoneShare on FacebookShare on LinkedInPin on PinterestShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on StumbleUpon

I managed to convince Henry to marry me on May 27th, 2001. It only took me five years to get him to do it. Granted three of those years we were just friendly acquaintances and I was trying to get a philandering fireman to marry me instead. But I will never let Henry forget it took him 2.2 years to propose. I’m going to tattoo it on his ass. It will be on his gravestone if he goes first.

We had an incredible wedding. We could’ve paid for our house with that wedding (sigh). But it was worth it because aside from the days my children were born — which required epidurals, hot lacerations and sutures — my wedding was the happiest day of my life.

My dad and mom, who hadn’t been married since I was 2, and their respective posses all came together with love for me and Henry.  Henry’s parents, who were married almost 50 years at the time, came together like the Irish Catholic always do, with lots of cousins from the east coast, ribald stories and unfettered dancing (and very little booze oddly).

I am attempting a gallery here so bear with me. New skills, people, new skills. The story of our wedding in pictures …

Yes, this is Cheryl, just my kind of bridesmaid.

Picture 1 of 16

So there it is, only a smidgen of the hundreds of professional photos I ordered which means my children will have to live at home and go to junior college indefinitely because it was so freaking expensive. If this house burns down the cats better fend for themselves, I’m saving my wedding albums.

Now here’s the what-I-wish-I-knew-before-my-wedding part. I frequently get asked to write sponsored posts by brands and so far I’ve written two in two years (Ultherapy haul-your-aged-flesh-up and Poise’s menopause line – sexy, I know). This is number three because it just makes sense.

There is now an app. for your iphone or android  at trycapsule.com. Which does this…

“All your wedding photos in one album … automatically.
Our mobile app lets guests instantly add photos to your album.”

You purchase one of the packages for your event and voila. Also capsule isn’t just for weddings. I’m helping to organize my 30th high school reunion and will be getting this app and the Most Popular Package.  It can be downloaded onto all the iphones of anyone coming to the event and all photos can easily be downloaded into the Event Capsule. Orders can be made from there. Conversations and community started by only those guests in the capsule. Prints or albums can be ordered from anyone within the capsule.

Testimonials

Trycapsule.com is offering a 10% discount to my readers. All you do is click on the Capsule widget in my right hand sidebar and if you decide to order one of their packages for your next large even, type in the code TWFKAB to get your discount.

Perhaps Henry and I will have to get married again in order to take advantage. Say goodbye to junior college kids!

Share the love:
Sign-Up for Monthly Tips & Tales on Beauty, Body, Babies, Bye Asshats & Bodacious Sex from TWFKAB:

I promise NO SPAM or I'll eat my own weight in Malomars.

1. OCMomActivities - Katie
    OCMomActivities - Katie 30 July, 2012, 10:49

What an awesome idea!!! I can see so many uses for this, school events, reunions, big parties. So many fun things can be done.

Thanks for the share!

2. Cheryl @ Mommypants
    Cheryl @ Mommypants 30 July, 2012, 10:54

Totally get it tattooed on his ass. That would be awesome, quite frankly, and money better spent than on an album!

3. Alexandra
    Alexandra 30 July, 2012, 18:46

Cool program – and those are some really beautiful photos. The dress was so Audrey Hepburn in Funny Face, right?

Shannon Author 31 July, 2012, 00:25

I wish I could have that dress mounted on a wall in my house. It had branches and leaves on it with the most beautiful amber and green thread, then little birds with jeweled eyes. It reminded me of being a tomboy always outside in a tree, but also being a woman taking the next step in life. I was very spoiled that day.

4. Amelia
    Amelia 30 July, 2012, 20:40

Beautiful photos, Shannon!

5. tania luviano
    tania luviano 30 July, 2012, 21:42

super cool app!

6. Shelby Barone
    Shelby Barone 30 July, 2012, 21:55

Oh my gosh! You have to be the coolest woman ever!

Shannon Author 31 July, 2012, 00:23

I’ve always wanted to be cool. Does anyone ever actually feel like they’re really cool or is everyone faking it? Anyhow, thanks Miss Shelby.

7. Jenna N
    Jenna N 30 July, 2012, 23:31

OMG, I was so skinny and we were so young. ;) It just doesn’t seem that long ago but the years have flown by. Next time I visit you I want to see all the photos again. It really was the most amazing wedding I’ve ever been to let alone been in! Every detail was perfection. xxoo

Shannon Author 31 July, 2012, 00:22

I was also thinking about how skinny and young we were. We looked marvelous. And I miss you!

8. Caryn B
    Caryn B 31 July, 2012, 12:22

Ooh…neat idea…and I LOVE your photos….how did you get the gallery into the post?

Shannon Author 31 July, 2012, 16:03

Hi Carol – You just get a gallery widget for your wordpress and there’s actually a gallery button at the top of your wordpress thingy with where you can add links, italics, etc. I was very intimidated to use it, have had the widget for some time now and finally got my act together to figure it out. I hope this helps.

Current ye@r *