May 23rd, 2012
So I’ve caved in and am reading the Fifty Shades of Grey series. Henry has had to start taking vitamins to keep up with me. The books are so BAD. The heroine, Anastasia Steele (yes, I know) considers herself to be plain and ordinary (this, btw was an exercise in copying the Twilight format), but has somehow managed to attract Christian Grey who is:
1. Richer than the Kardashians.
2. Irresistibly wounded from a tragic childhood, which he manfully survived.
3. A firecracker with a kinky twist in the Red Room of Pain. Thwakah!
4. Madly in love with the heroine even though he’s never been able to love any other woman before her.
5. Also, he prefers brunettes to blondes (indicating a depth of integrity).
6. He flies a helicopter.
7. He flies a glider.
8. He speaks French.
9. He plays classical piano.
10. He has an impressive playlist on his Ipod.
11. He never gets tired of seducing Anastasia three to ten times a day.
And let us not forget…
12. He’s better looking than anyone in the entire world.
Yes, I am reading this tripe. And while my literate, sophisticated, discerning side is appalled by all the heroine’s exclamations of Whoa! Wow! Woo Hoo! I’m still reading it and feeling like an elderly vixen.
So, I hereby declare today, May 23rd, National Vixen Day. Take a vixenish photo of yourself. Let me know where you’ve posted it and I will link to it from this page. What say you? Will you join me fellow vixens??
Oh we have one…yes we do, the Frugalista has posted her vixen photo HERE.
Failing a photo — can you at least reveal your vixen name?
Share and Enjoy