1. Deborah Stambler
    Deborah Stambler 23 March, 2012, 09:14

The Today Show! That is very, very cool! I’ll be setting the DVR for that one.

And you are very funny–Love the comparison of Sir Negative Bastard to the cell phone talker at the grocery store. That’s a good one.

Great post.

2. Yolanda
    Yolanda 23 March, 2012, 09:30

I have felt the same way here! My husband does a lot (he kinda rocks) so I feel that guilt allllll the time. Thanks for the reminder that maybe I am not that bad after all…maybe.

3. Megan
    Megan 23 March, 2012, 09:40

I haven’t gotten past the sifting flour. I haven’t done that since I was a ewe one in my grandma’s kitchen.
    Congrats on the Today show!

4. Julie (Ginger)
    Julie (Ginger) 23 March, 2012, 11:24

Your entire post cracked me up. I love your writing! Gosh… what an important lesson you reminded me of… STOP basing our self-worth over the external accomplishments of others. I need to write down a list because (like you) I’m spoiled with a house cleaner and a helpful husband and have that same nagging voice. I love that you call your nagging voice “Sir Negative Bastard!”

5. Yvonne Condes
    Yvonne Condes 23 March, 2012, 14:11

Uggh. Now I feel like I’m not doing enough. Congratulations on the Today Show!!!

6. Desiree Eaglin
    Desiree Eaglin 23 March, 2012, 14:50

I don’t have the energy to write a list of everything I’ve done and accomplished this week. That says enough. lol

7. Jamie
    Jamie 23 March, 2012, 15:45

I’m DVRing the Today show! I’m so excited!

And holy cow, Sir Negative Bastard is our mutual acquaintance! He comes and visits me during the week, too.

I think it’s funny your drink is gin and tonic. That is mine…I didn’t think anyone drank gin these days.
    Just another reason I love you.

8. Dee
    Dee 23 March, 2012, 17:48

Hmmm my Sir Negative Bastard is named “My Inner Bitch”. ‘Cuz she bitches at me behind my back and in my ear non stop if I let her. She’s really mean. I now send her out for coffee and a donut when she gets like that…or put her in the closet…. and tell her she can’t come out or back until she’s nice to me. Took her a long time at first to straighten her ass out.
    Great post! I wrote a long list like that once because I was furious at my husband for doing nothing!! I did everything! Well, 90%. It’s better now. I’m over it.
    I am on the east coast so I will for sure be watching!

9. Presley's Pantry
    Presley's Pantry 23 March, 2012, 19:10

Wow… you did more than most people do in a month. Don’t beat yourself up…. you are a SUPER MOM! Enjoy your gin and tonic.

10. Eva Smith
    Eva Smith 23 March, 2012, 22:40

Reading your list and realizing that you’re just an amazing mom, wife and mother and also a great writer. Thanks for reminding us that as women to make lists to remind us how wonderful we really are.

11. Shelby Barone
    Shelby Barone 24 March, 2012, 01:00

Congrats on the Today Show!! What a busy week!

Shannon Author 24 March, 2012, 09:56

Thanks Shelby. Excited about the Today show.Still wondering how to make a living at this. Sigh.

12. Caryn B
    Caryn B 24 March, 2012, 18:35

WOW! I wish I had that much ambition! LOL And congrats on The Today Show!

13. Vanessa
    Vanessa 25 March, 2012, 10:08

Wow congrats on the Today show and I so need to make a list of my own.

14. Sara
    Sara 25 March, 2012, 16:13

Thank you for writing this, it is exactly what I needed to hear. I can’t do everything, but I’m already doing a lot!

Shannon Author 26 March, 2012, 14:43

You are doing a lot. We really forget most of the things we do because we’re so busy. Now I have to fold two loads of laundry. I HATE SOCKS!

15. Theo Dolotta
    Theo Dolotta 26 March, 2012, 17:17

WOW!!!!!!!!!! You are fabulous Shannon in so many, many ways! You always make me smile and laugh. Congratulations on The Today Show!

16. Katarina Henkys
    Katarina Henkys 27 March, 2012, 02:43

Congrats on the Today Show!!!!

No, carbs are not a sin. Just aim for a happy balance between carbs/fat & contentment/vanity. That ought to do the trick. Speaking of which I think I’ll go for a run at lunch break today to balance the carbohydrate intake caused by stress and deadline panic.

(-: