My Today Show Segment On Body Image

Saturday morning at 6:30 a.m. my fanny traversing 20 years somehow made its way onto the Today Show. Producer Stephanie Becker did such a lovely job with the story that I almost couldn’t find anything wrong with myself in it! So I rewarded myself with a fajita platter. (Followed by 100 sit-ups).

If you haven’t already seen it …

SHANNON BRADLEY-COLLEARY ON THE TODAY SHOW

A story was also written about this on …

DIETS IN REVIEW

If you’re like me and feel you need a little ego boost with regards to the current state of your body I would highly recommend Rob Greer who did my recent photos.  Below is an incredibly flattering shot he did for me that is his signature lighting and positioning. It’s the only photo that isn’t a duplicate pose from 1992. And I love it.  I currently have it tattooed to my forehead.  And buttocks.

body imageToday Show

1. Christina Simon
    Christina Simon 26 March, 2012, 16:20

Gorgeous photos! Great series. I don’t have nearly the courage you have.

2. Shelby Barone
    Shelby Barone 26 March, 2012, 16:32

This is so cool!! Can’t get enough of your nudes.

Shannon Author 26 March, 2012, 17:23

This has to be it or I’m going to have to find another profession (exhibitionist?)

3. Presley's Pantry
    Presley's Pantry 26 March, 2012, 19:18

That’s awesome! Good for you….. If my body looked like yours I would post photos of it too! 🙂

4. Jamie
    Jamie 26 March, 2012, 20:21

OMG They did such a great job! I was praying they would really spin it in the positive way it deserves.

How exciting! I can’t wait to see what you’ll do next!

Shannon Author 26 March, 2012, 22:41

I can’t wait to see what I do next either! Perhaps the next step is my photogenic cervix?? Let’s talk this week and plan our next escapade!

5. Florinda
    Florinda 26 March, 2012, 21:07

Congrats on the Today Show feature–and on continuing to be so inspiring!

6. Tisha | Biz Mommy
    Tisha | Biz Mommy 27 March, 2012, 06:09

Awesome Shannon and very inspiring! Can’t wait for the ones at 66 – maybe we should all join you then!

And terrific Today Show interview, btw. Great takeaway message!

7. SouthernMan
    SouthernMan 27 March, 2012, 10:38

Shannon, that IS a beautiful photo. Of a beautiful woman. Of which you are, so you do have reason to feel good about yourself. Even if only because a random Southern Man thinks so. And I know it is doing others good to see a “normal” woman in all her glory.

8. Caryn B
    Caryn B 27 March, 2012, 11:22

Gorgeous photos! And congrats!!!

9. Yolanda
    Yolanda 27 March, 2012, 11:28

Yaya today show! Boos 630am on a Saturday- and yay more nudes! You are gorgeous 🙂

10. Kimberly
    Kimberly 27 March, 2012, 12:10

How incredible that this story has taken you to the Today show! I love it and am so thrilled for you! I am a HUGE fan of your original article and think about it often!

11. Eva Smith of Tech.Food.Life.
    Eva Smith of Tech.Food.Life. 27 March, 2012, 18:55

I love that your story has taken you to the Today show. You’re a beautiful woman.

Shannon Author 27 March, 2012, 21:54

It’s a bit surreal to see oneself on tv. One realizes it’s important to get the lighting/camera guy high on the best Bolivian white that one can find.

12. Jamie
    Jamie 29 March, 2012, 01:37

I just had to comment back. I read the post in a waiting room with terribly slow internet so when I got home I watched the story. I am soooo where you are. Not that I ever had any nude photos of my younger body (not professional anyway – ha) but I can’t tell you how often I slam my body for drooping and sagging and puckering in places it didn’t even when I was 45. I feel like age is this awful enemy that I know is going to win. — But that segment really helped me. It was affirmation of what I know in my head but have yet to truly accept in my heart. I have so many wonderful things going on at this point in my life why do I left this body image issue bring me down. Just wanted to say thanks to you and those women. And you are beautiful. In those photos and just normal taking your children to school you.

Shannon Author 29 March, 2012, 11:07

Hi Jamie — I’m fighting the fight too. It’s a day by day process. So glad we’re in touch. And you’re a knockout! (for the record)