The Love Your Body Now Project – Healing Body Image Issues Through Fine Art Nudes (Shannon)
As many of you know I’ve been seen at age 26, then at age 46 naked round the world the last several weeks. Starting with my first naked post Am I Really Fat? which was also published in The Huffington Post. Followed shortly by Walk The Walk, Naked Lady, which was also published in HuffPo and featured in the British Daily Mail.
There’s been some hate mail. The Brits were especially harsh calling me a “Silly Cow,” saying “She’s about as deep as a contact lens,” (have to admit that’s clever), many telling me to “Get a life!” and several “Shame on you!”s.
But the one that really got me was from a man accusing me of being an anti-feminist because I (not the media as I’d indicated) objectified myself by posting my nudes. For a moment he almost had me. But then I realized it wasn’t my truth. This was my response:
“I don’t agree. When I say the media objectifie
“Or entrapped in lingerie meant to engage the male eye. My photos are of a whole woman. Me. With no photoshopp
There was one comment so beautiful I have to repost it. While the compliments are directed toward me they feel universal:
From Kenneth Alton:
“At 26, your silhouette was quite lovely, the play of flesh and bone along your back and buttocks flattering
At 46, the earlier strength of shoulder now finds its inherent balance; if the silhouette is less delicate the play of flesh and bone is more suggestive of feminine strength and maternal solidity.
One is a fortunate, almost errant, flower in bloom; the other the curve of rock, the swell of earth, without which no flowers would ever bloom.
I have often considered it a trifle foolish the way that shallow youth is considered inherently beautiful. There is such a terrible beauty which only age brings, a depth of power that only deepens the sense of mystery that utterly, completely
Here is my last nude salvo (until I’m 66 then it’ll just be one nude Bacchanal) meant as a Valentine to women (and men) with body image issues, both profound and garden variety. If you’d like to see more Love Your Body Now: Healing Body Image Issues Through Fine Art Nudes go HERE.
- I See You’ve Managed To Get Your Nudes Out Again!
- The Love Your Body Now Project – Healing Body Image Issues Through Fine Art Nudes (Ruby)
- My HuffPo Live Interview on Body Image Issues: I’ve Managed to get Nude Once More!
- The Love Your Body Now Project – Healing Body Image Issues Through Fine Art Nudes (Claire)
- The Love Your Body Now Project – Healing Body Image Issues Through Fine Art Nudes (Beth)
- The Love Your Body Now Project: Healing Body Image Issues Through Fine Art Nudes (Lisanne and Colette)
- The Photo That’s NOT on the Huffington Post aka Healing Body Image Issues
I promise NO SPAM or I'll eat my own weight in Malomars.