Onset of Stress-Related Butt Shingles at BlogHer 2011

I spent today at the BlogHer 2011 conference. I was a BlogHer Voices of the Year Honoree for Celebrity Stalkers.

Which I didn’t even get to read.

I also didn’t get a tiara or a cheese tray or a flashing HONOREE chest placard. But I did get free mojitos, coffee breath watered down by Expo Bailey’s creme brule creamer and finally I got to stalk several of the Mom Bloggers I’ve been reading and loving and coveting of their glory for many simmering months now:

The Empress at Good Day Regular People  I could not stop staring into those eyes (sorry Henry).

Cool Mom

Chookooloonks

CecilyK

The Flying Chalupa I felt the inexplicable desire for a cadillac margarita as we spoke.

MommyNaniBooboo tall, beautiful, funny, pregnant mom. I tried to remain civil.

Just a Girl in the World
Susan Fujiki aka Kungfu Pussy (I want that handle! It’s about a cat. Speaking of which: worst pick up line on the dance floor ever circa 1991: “I don’t eat the cat.”  Say what?)

Goon Squad Sarah

Flourish in Progress who is too hot to be so funny. Who do you think you are? Sarah Bernhardt?

Naked Princess (who knew Kate Middleton had a sex tape?)
Eden-M-long-limbed-Kennedy aka Fussy

A Girl and a Boy  – the boy called me the F word and the R word before I could even sit down.  Fuckin’ Rad.

And none other than Deb On The Rocks.

This is the only picture I took at the conference because
I suck at networking and didn’t ask anyone to take
their picture with me.  It’s a picture of
Ricki Lake on one of the screens in Ballroom 20C.  Sigh.

I know my sister and a few other well-meaning naysayers would disagree, but I suck at networking.  I feel phony and scrabulous.  Yes I know Scrabulous is a board game (Bored game?) but it is also a mash-up of Scabs, Crabs and Fabulous.  Which means I’m a fabulously crabby scab while networking.  And I actually DO have a cold sore which is oozing slightly (and a tiny, not unattractive chin whisker).  If any in-laws or relatives are reading please stop now.  Wait.  Why stop now?  I’m done.

Follow me, don’t follow me. Comment, maintain your evil silence. Read me, read everyone but me, even that denizen of restraint and table manners All Fooked Up. Like me, be indifferent to me (because Indifference is worse than Hate as someone-who-I-forget-who-they-are-said). I’m going to bed. At the Ramada Gaslamp Hotel in Room 202. That’s not actually my room, but All Fooked Ups room. Mwahahahah.

BlogHer 2011

1. Susan
    Susan 7 August, 2011, 00:29

So great to meet you today too fellow LA chick!

2. Lynn MacDonald
    Lynn MacDonald 7 August, 2011, 00:44

Hahaha…excellent, i will finally have some visitors at my room now, it was awesome meeting you and I'm following u now, for SHO!!!!

BTW…i have tons of restraint and you totally witnessed it!

Have a great trip home girl!!!

3. Cecily
    Cecily 7 August, 2011, 01:54

It was great to meet you too!

4. The Zadge
    The Zadge 7 August, 2011, 08:32

Loved meeting you! I have to, however, take issue with your moniker. You are still beautiful! Looking forward to keeping up with you in the blogosphere!

5. louisville chiropractic
    louisville chiropractic 7 August, 2011, 09:16

Glad to meet you,thanks for post!

6. Shannon Bradley-Colleary
    Shannon Bradley-Colleary 7 August, 2011, 10:16

Hello dear ladies — My moniker is working for me — I thrive on fished for compliments! Thanks for checking in. xo

7. Elizabeth-Flourish in Progress
    Elizabeth-Flourish in Progress 7 August, 2011, 10:47

I am so damn bummed we didn't get to hang. let's make it happen soon. xoxo.

8. The Flying Chalupa
    The Flying Chalupa 7 August, 2011, 17:11

Hey there! Wow – you should definitely have a margarita for me. With salt on the rim. Yum.

So great to have met you. Best part of the Humor Session!

9. Heidi Ferrer
    Heidi Ferrer 7 August, 2011, 20:32

Hi Shannon!

Congratulations on the honor and I'm sorry I didn't meet you there. I went at the last minute on Sat. and feelin' the girl power and the love tonight. And you are beautiful. Email me if ya ever wanna have lunch or coffee. girltomom@gmail.com – Heidi Ferrer

10. Carrien
    Carrien 7 August, 2011, 21:57

I know! I totally didn't get any tiara out of this voice of the year business either. I even misplaced my blog bling.

But I did get to meet you, however briefly, so I'll call that a win.

ps. I suck at networking too, super suck. Like recently I was in a room full of people who came just to hear a presentation i and few others gave and after I stood there thinking, "I'm supposed to network with these people, but I have no idea what to say."

11. The Empress
    The Empress 8 August, 2011, 00:49

You know you and me, we belong together.

xo

Love you, lots, SO glad we met.

xo

12. The Empress
    The Empress 8 August, 2011, 00:50

P.S.

I am happy to see my hypnotism eye trick worked on you and made you mention me first.

13. Shannon Bradley-Colleary
    Shannon Bradley-Colleary 8 August, 2011, 00:52

Hi Carrien — I do think your son broke the ice though. He crawled right under my skirt and I patted his head and whiffed him. I wanted desperately to pick him up but he was very busy going about his manly business and I knew it would interrupt his flow.

And Heidi — if you're in LA I'd love to have a coffee and get to know you. Will send you an email!

14. Girl to Mom
    Girl to Mom 8 August, 2011, 16:20

Cool I am here girllll.

Also am not very cool : )

15. Molly
    Molly 8 August, 2011, 21:25

It was great meeting you in the humor session! Man, that was a riot. I'm all subscribed to your blog now- hope your recovery period is manageable. I escaped without any butt shingles, but do have like four new zits.

16. Mommy Nani Booboo
    Mommy Nani Booboo 9 August, 2011, 08:53

It was lovely to meet you, and congrats on being an honoree! I also am a terrible networker, I think a lot of us bloggy types are in real life.
    You were a joy… and for the record, you NEVER have to try to be civil around me. 😉

17. Stephanie
    Stephanie 9 August, 2011, 10:40

I'm super jealous because they never have shit like this in DC. 🙁

18. Shannon Bradley-Colleary
    Shannon Bradley-Colleary 9 August, 2011, 11:48

Hey Steph — next year's New York. I'm turning tricks on Sunset already to get there. You can take the train. Que no?

19. Meg at the Members Lounge
    Meg at the Members Lounge 12 August, 2011, 05:25

Shannon, great to meet you at the freelance panel at BlogHer! I swear if you attend another BlogHer, and especially with the Zadge. like I did, you will think networking is the most fun thing ever!